- Trump’s Deal With Mexico Could Make Asylum Next to Impossible
- Trump Is Attempting to Prevent Most Asylum-Seekers From Having Access to Legal Representation
- The US has made migrants at the border wait months to apply for asylum. Now the dam is breaking.
To begin with, these people are fleeing truly terrible conditions that include violence, organized crime, extremely low incomes, and truly unbearable living conditions. They did not decide to travel over 2,000 miles on a whim. They are fleeing clear and present danger.
- 10 things you should know about the violence in Central America
- Central America’s Violent Northern Triangle
- Violence drives immigration from Central America
When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34)Compassion, empathy, and common decency are not the only reasons why we should be welcoming these refugees instead of turning them away. There are numerous sources that provide overwhelming evidence that these refugees are fleeing conditions that were created by actions directly taken by the government of The United States of America over the past 100 years.
- A Century of U.S. Intervention Created the Immigration Crisis
- Here’s How The U.S. Sparked A Refugee Crisis On The Border, In 8 Simple Steps
- How US Foreign Policy Helped Create the Immigration Crisis
- The Violence Central American Migrants Are Fleeing Was Stoked by the US
- US Interventions Have Destabilized Central America
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. (Galatians 6:7)